Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Paper Cone Wreath



I saw this adorable paper cone wreath about 2 weeks ago at a link up party at Tatertots and Jello. I thought it was soooo cute so I had to make one of my own!

I have been wanting to incorporate a little bit of mustard yellow into my teal and brown house. This was an easy way to do it. I love the punch of color the wreath has. I am still deciding on whether or not I want to add a pennant banner to mine. I added paper flowers for now so I am going to admire it for a few days and see if I think it needs something more!

Go here for the tutorial.
I actually just used a 12 inch round white foam wreath I had on hand. I also bent the tips/points of the cones when gluing them down to the wreath form. I found this to be a little easier and faster way of doing things.

From personal experience, DO NOT buy a book that you will feel bad about cutting up without reading. I originally just looked for the right colored paper I wanted without paying much attention to the cover and title of the book. Well I got home and realized it was about the Virginia Tech shooting. I just couldn't bring myself to cut up the book without reading it. So I read the first 50 pages. But then I just decided I would feel better if I just went and bought a new book. So back to the dollar tree I went!!!! :/ That's my OCD for ya!

Also, I would add an icepack, neosporin, and band-aids to the supply list. I burned my fingers a million times!!!!

I moved the wreath into Jack's room to take a picture because we have the worst lighting at our front door. I just didn't want you thinking that the wreath is being displayed on a rocking chair. ;)

These paper flowers are simple to make. For each flower, tear 3-4 large, medium and small circles from various paper scraps. Crumble in hand. Open up. Ink edges. Glue and stack. Add button or brad to top. Repeat for other flowers. I knotted together two ribbons and some brown tulle and glued them onto the wreath then glued the flowers on top.


The Styrofoam doesn't show when the wreath is hanging on the door. If you are worried it will you can cover it with flat circles like it shows in the tutorial. I didn't worry about it so I skipped that step.


On a side note.... (A much more important side note)
I have been thinking A LOT and praying A LOT for these two babies- Will and Ruby! Please keep them in your prayers also! Both babies are very sick and need all of the prayers they can get. And also pray for their families as they struggle watching their little babes suffer and endure so much pain!!!







Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap  up           party!


5 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow...I love your wreath! I saw I on TT&J (where I also saw your inspiration) and I have to say...I like yours better! It's fabulous!

Unknown said...

Looks GREAT! I love the little flower embellishments.

DeeDee said...

WOW! You've done a FABULOUS job! I'm working on one right now and can't wait for it to be finished! I've burned my finger and my leg! Yikes, that hurts! Lovely blog girlie! :)

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Wow! You did an amazing job!

angie said...

great job! love the flowers!! i'm featuring this on my friday favorites tomorrow....feel free to stop by and grab a button if you'd like!