Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easter Wreath!

I am so happy that this wreath is done, done, and done! As soon as I saw this wreath posted on facebook by Jen from Tatertots and Jello (she didn't make the wreath but was sharing Trisha's finished project) I had to do it! Over all I only made a few changes: color, yarn and glittered eggs, and larger sized wreath! I chose to go with brighter colored yarns to match other Easter decorations I had! I used an 18 inch green foam wreath that I had laying around from a project fail... you can see the green yarn in between the eggs if you look closely (but don't look too close-ha!). I don't suggest using a foam wreath this large unless you would like to spend hours and hours wrapping eggs with yarn! A 12 or 14 inch would be perfect for your door still. Anyways, this ended up being a huge wreath! I used 8 dozen plastic eggs (they are the normal sized egg- not small and not big) which I got at Target. They came 4 dozen in a bag for $1.99. I also used foam eggs from the dollar tree in two different sizes. I used the mini ones and regular sized ones that came pre-glittered but wasn't feeling the colors of the glitter so I mod podged over them and added my Martha Stewart glitters. They sparkle much more now! :) By the way... the smaller ones have ribbons glued on them for hanging which I just cut off. This left holes on some of them so I tried my best to arrange them so that the holes did not show. The larger glitter eggs came on sticks. I just pulled the sticks out which once again caused holes. But no biggy! Finally, for the small yarn wrapped eggs (I maybe used about 12) I used eggs that I bought at Tai Pan for my jar! I couldn't find small plastic eggs anywhere so I was forced to use those! My jar is looking pretty sparse now but my wreath makes up for it!

Anyways, I am happy I am finally done! Enjoy! Just in case you missed it above go here for the tutorial and to see where I stole this adorable idea at!

Linking up to:



and

4 comments:

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

You did SUCH a great job on the wreath! I love the addition of the glitter eggs and the yarn colors you picked! Thanks for sharing my wreath!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

What a cute wreath! I love the yarn eggs!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Oh My Gosh!! This is so adorable! Love it!

Cassie said...

Saw your wreath through Lil Luna, it is so cute! You did an amazing job! I like it better than the tutorial one. The glitter and bright colors make it more fun!