Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easter Wreath!

I am so happy that this wreath is done, done, and done! As soon as I saw this wreath posted on facebook by Jen from Tatertots and Jello (she didn't make the wreath but was sharing Trisha's finished project) I had to do it! Over all I only made a few changes: color, yarn and glittered eggs, and larger sized wreath! I chose to go with brighter colored yarns to match other Easter decorations I had! I used an 18 inch green foam wreath that I had laying around from a project fail... you can see the green yarn in between the eggs if you look closely (but don't look too close-ha!). I don't suggest using a foam wreath this large unless you would like to spend hours and hours wrapping eggs with yarn! A 12 or 14 inch would be perfect for your door still. Anyways, this ended up being a huge wreath! I used 8 dozen plastic eggs (they are the normal sized egg- not small and not big) which I got at Target. They came 4 dozen in a bag for $1.99. I also used foam eggs from the dollar tree in two different sizes. I used the mini ones and regular sized ones that came pre-glittered but wasn't feeling the colors of the glitter so I mod podged over them and added my Martha Stewart glitters. They sparkle much more now! :) By the way... the smaller ones have ribbons glued on them for hanging which I just cut off. This left holes on some of them so I tried my best to arrange them so that the holes did not show. The larger glitter eggs came on sticks. I just pulled the sticks out which once again caused holes. But no biggy! Finally, for the small yarn wrapped eggs (I maybe used about 12) I used eggs that I bought at Tai Pan for my jar! I couldn't find small plastic eggs anywhere so I was forced to use those! My jar is looking pretty sparse now but my wreath makes up for it!

Anyways, I am happy I am finally done! Enjoy! Just in case you missed it above go here for the tutorial and to see where I stole this adorable idea at!

Linking up to:



and

4 comments:

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

You did SUCH a great job on the wreath! I love the addition of the glitter eggs and the yarn colors you picked! Thanks for sharing my wreath!

Jerri said...

What a cute wreath! I love the yarn eggs!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Oh My Gosh!! This is so adorable! Love it!

Robert and Cassie said...

Saw your wreath through Lil Luna, it is so cute! You did an amazing job! I like it better than the tutorial one. The glitter and bright colors make it more fun!