Saturday, March 5, 2011

Working and Thinking!

I have been working on a wreath for a long time and I have nothing to show for it!!! So I started a new one last week and hopefully I will actually get it done! And then I can share it with you. My first wreath was one I created all on my own... hence the failed project. The second one I decided just to copy something that I found and loved! I hope it will be up before St. Patrick's Day!!! We'll see! I am feeling pretty tired lately AND NO I AM NOT, I REPEAT, NOT PREGNANT. Some of you may know that we were trying and not trying all at the same time. By that I mean we just felt that if it happened we would be happy. But now we are officially not trying. You know if I am being honest I was pretty sad about this for a while. I guess part of me always thought something else (baby, new car, house, or whatever) would make me happier than I already was or make me happy period. It was like I needed something more to make me happy. It took a lot of trials and heartache to find that perhaps I was already really happy, and that I already had so much to be grateful for. It's not to say that I am not sad that a new baby won't come for a while because those of you who know me pretty well know that I have always had a mothering heart. I even got that brick award while I was a cheerleader in high school. haha! Hours after having Jackson I even asked my doctor if he would induce me early with the next baby so I wouldn't have another 9 lb. baby! He thought I was crazy to already be thinking about another baby! But anyways, sometimes life forces you to make changes to your grand, set in stone, nothing will change my mind, plan. It's not that we don't have faith that things would work out, it's just that right now maybe we just can't handle it. Maybe right now Heavenly Father wants us to enjoy exactly what we have and realize just how great our lives our and how happy we already are. Why am I being this honest? How embarrassing! It is kinda nice to get it off my chest. Any who, I am so happy being a wife and mom to just one cute boy right now. If you know Jackson, you know how adorable and sweet he is. I am savoring every moment with him because I know that when the next adorable and sweet baby comes along our alone time is over. I am sure that sharing our time with another cute baby will be just as great but we will enjoy this time while we it's just us. How did my post go from a wreath to a baby?????? Hmmm... anyways.... sorry for blabbering! New crafts coming your way soon. And also, some adorable St. Patty's Day pictures of Jack are in the works! Can't wait!

1 comment:

MegRich said...

Don't worry Megan- I don't think you're alone in the feelings you have. I appreciate your honesty. Sometimes that's just nice to hear! And definitely nice to write down and just get off your chest! I'm glad you are finding you are happy and content with the life Heavenly Father has blessed you with. You have one adorable little boy! Hang in there and keep up the positive attitude (because it sure helps me to do the same!)