Tuesday, February 22, 2011

LUCKY Blocks!


Ok... Here is my second project from last week. I have one more to do this week and then I am going to take a short break (unless I find or think of something so cute that I have to do!).
I used extra wood I had from a Church activity and from left over Christmas gifts. The larger pieces are just over 5x7 and the smaller ones are 5x5.

I found this St. Patrick's Day paper at Wooten's scrapbook store. They didn't have a very big selection but I thought these papers were cute enough. I cut the papers down to 6 7/8 x 4 7/8 for the larger blocks and 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 for the smaller ones. I was going to use mod podge but at the last minute decided to use scrap booking photo sticker squares. I used sticky foam circles to attach the letters so they popped out a little.

I cut the letters with my cricut and then used green Martha Stewart glitter I already had on hand to "glitterfy" them. First I covered the letter with mod podge and then quickly added the glitter and let it sit for about 10 minutes before I shook off the excess.

After adding the letters to the wood with the sticky foam circles I added some embellishments and was done! Sadly the U didn't get anything. I couldn't think of what to add to him so he is bare (do you love how I refer to the letter U as him?).

Anyways, these bad boys are going on this "invisible" shelf I am making. But first I need to find the studs in my wall so I know exactly how big I can make this shelf. I am pretty excited though because it is going to serve as my "mantle". I can't wait to decorate it for every holiday!!!!!!

Enjoy!

No comments: