Sunday, August 14, 2011

Help and Happiness Ahead

There have been several times over the past year that I have questioned God's involvement in my life. I have wondered if He really loved me. If He really cared about me. If He was concerned about my hurt. If He heard my prayers. And time and time again I realized that He does in fact love and care about me. And that he was and is concerned about me. And He does hear my prayers. It is just that tribulation and suffering is simply part of life. I guess that's the part I have been in, but rest assured I am working my way out!

At church today the speaker said that he found comfort in trying times knowing that there was One who couldn't imagine how he was feeling, but that actually knew how he was feeling. I was reminded how grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who sent his Son to Earth to atone for the sins of the world. To atone for the pains of all His children- even for my pains. I am so grateful to know that we can find forgiveness, peace, and healing through our Savior. I am grateful that when I am going through trials I feel hope that their is happiness and peace in the horizon. If I can just hold on a little longer it will come. I can feel this hope because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Elder Holland said, "Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. And some don't come till heaven. But for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ- they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

I have realized in the past few weeks that truly our burdens can become lighter when we forget ourselves and serve others. Find someone to serve this week. Find someone whose burdens you can make lighter. When we do so I am confident that we will feel more peace and find more happiness. We will see more blessings come into our lives as we strive to bless others. And we will feel the Love of our Savior more as we love others.

I'm going to. Will you?


No comments: